When fall rolls around, I immediately start craving bread. All the bread. Which a tough thing when you are gluten and sugar free, and try your best to keep the grains down or out altogether. So, enter this fabulous recipe adapted from the Paleo community: it's moist, mind-blowing, and so delicious you will have to check the ingredients twice to convince yourself that standard sugar and grain-based ingredients were not used in the making of this slice of heaven.
- 1.5 cup shredded zucchini (one medium-sized zucchini will do the trick)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sunbutter
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1.4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Shred zucchini. I used a cheese grater.
- Remove extra liquid from shredded zucchini with paper towels. You'll be amazed at how much liquid is in zucchini! It helps to lay your shredded zucchini on a paper towel and then place a few paper towels on top and push down. Do this and repeat until most of the liquid is gone. It's important to do this; otherwise the zucchini will be too dense to bake.
- Add in all other ingredients and mix well with the shredded zucchini.
- Pour into a well-greased loaf pan (we use a 4 by 8 pan). We also use coconut oil for greasing
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Test with a toothpick to ensure it's cooked through!
- Let cool and serve. Especially delicious with grass-fed butter. And toasted the day after. With more butter.