There is something so enticing and accessible about a tiny serving of warm, creamy soup in a cup. This squash soup will delight and soothe and is really easy to make. You can serve with dinner or let is stand on its own as an appetizer.
- 1 or 2 butternut squashes (1 is good for about 3 good portions);
- 1 or 2 cans of organic coconut milk, depending on the number of squashes you prepare.
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- Any fresh or dried herb you’ve got laying around;
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Cut your squash lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Place the halves, cut side down, on a baking sheet and place in the oven for about 45 minutes or until tender.
- Scoop out the cooked squash flesh into a blender. Add 3/4 of a can of coconut milk per squash.
- Blend the mixture.
- Adjust consistency by adding some coconut milk if needed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into little cups!
- Grate some fresh ginger, garlic, red pepper, basil, or other herbs to sprinkle on top of your soup as both a garnish and an extra punch of flavor.