So, it all started with us making a blueberry sorbet from two basic ingredients (see our post on this recipe and this fun adventure). Then--THEN--we had all this leftover sorbet, and so we thought to ourselves, "what else can we do with all this amazingness," until the idea of an entire ice cream cake was born.
And the results? Delicious.
Here's what you need to give it a try:
- 1 spring-form pan (either 8.3 or 6 inch, depending on what you size you like!)
- ½ cup coconut oil or Grass Fed Butter, Melted
- 2 Eggs, Preferably Local Pastured
- ¼ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¾ Cup coconut flour
- 1-3 Tablespoons Raw Honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl beat butter/oil, eggs, honey and salt together with a fork.
- Then add coconut flour. Stir until dough holds together.
- Gather the dough into a ball, then pat into your spring-form pan.
- Prick the dough with a fork.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown. Let cool. Putting in the freezer will help greatly! As we want the pan completely cold before adding the cake filling.
Use our blueberry sorbet recipe.
ASSEMBLING YOUR CAKE
- Once your spring form pan (with crust) has cooled, fill the pan with your delicious cake filling.
- Smooth filling so that it is even across the pan.
- Insert entire pan into freezer for one hour.
- Before cutting and serving, take out the cake and let it thaw a bit for 15-30 minutes.
- Then serve and ENJOY!
Happy summer, friends. xx