So, our turmeric and coconut obsession continues with this fun adaptation of a curry chicken dish.
- 1 can coconut milk
- 8 tumeric roots (you can get these at Whole Foods or even your local farmer's market)
- 1 pound of chicken chopped into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Olive oil for cooking
- Chop up onion and bell peppers into chunks.
- Juice your turmeric root and set aside.
- Coat a frying pan in olive oil.
- Toss the pepper and onion into the pan and cook until tender.
- Add chopped/cubed chicken to the pan and cook for 2 minutes (even if not fully cooked--the rest will cook in the broth we will be adding next).
- Add juiced turmeric root to the pan, the can of coconut milk, your garlic, and your sea salt.
- Cook on high until the whole dish has come to a boil. After it has reached a boil, allow the dish to simmer on low heat for 8 minutes.
- At 8 minutes, test to see if all chicken if thoroughly cooked through. If it is, sample the dish to see if the garlic and sea salt are satisfactory--if not, add "to taste."
- Enjoy over jasmine rice, or just by itself.